Thursday, June 11, 2009

More on Moving

I had a day the other day not sure is it was good or bad but here's what happened.
I went to the bowels of my closet to retrieve the 'mourning stuff"
things I have already gone through several times
when will i learn?
after my mom passed away
after i moved it here
now again when i am trying to figure out what to take on this next move
it's just mushy stuff
my Dad as big and Colnel like that he was
was a MUSH
he saved so many things
as I went through them for the first time it was like the hug I never got
little things
notes of the grandchildren, telegraph congratulating my sister on her engagement and the birth of her son, the first grandchild
pictures of all of my siblings throughout grade school and high school
you get the picture.
so in this digital world it's hard to decide how to preserve this snapshot of
my life
so I put it in a box
I've been trying to share it with the boy and the girl as I pack it up
they seem disinterested.
which makes me wonder
was i this disinterested as my Mom talked to me about the pictures that I now
am trying to decide
what to do with because
I don't know who
the heck is that person staring back at me
on the other side of the picture

0 comments: