Saturday, August 29, 2009

What Price To Be A Good Neighbor?

I need help. We are living in a new neighborhood and I really want to have good relationships with our neighbors. They ahem, might not share that sentiment.
Let me paint the picture.
One of the first days we were here the husband parked his car in a space that made it difficult for the across the street neighbors to get out of the garage. Our bad for sure, but instead of introducing themselves and politely asking if we could move the car, uhmm they sere not so polite in telling us why the car did not belong there.

Moving along, these neighbors also run a dog sitting business that is pretty much illegal. Their idea of walking dogs is letting the small ones, chihuahua, out their gate onto our front yard were they are none too happy to take a dump on our front yard. At first I thought; "oh no the dogs got out I should go let the owners know." WRONG! day after day they let them out knowing they run across the street and , you know . So now I'm faced with some choices. Lure those little punk dogs into my house with meat and if the owners come looking for them act confused, because after all they were pooping on my yard every day so surely they belonged to me. Pick said dogs up and stuff them in all the mail boxes on the cul de sac or get our the air soft gun.
I really am an animal lover but for real???


Picture 5

Oh and that's not all - the neighbor on the side of us also lets their dog out to run free down our adjacent slope and poop in our back yard. WTF? can somebody help me understand this , and give me some suggestions? Right now I'm considering collecting poop and knocking on the neighbors doors, and saying "oh, this belongs to you."
what do you think?
If you have any suggestions leave them in the comments section you don't have to sign in you can do it anonymously.
Oh and I live in Canada.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! What a situation. I like the idea of returning the poop to the neighbours. Have you bought or are you renting?

Growing Up the Second Time said...

why ??if we own or rent does that make a difference in the response;-)
we are renting but we love the house so ....

Anonymous said...

Yes, because if you are renting you can run away more easily if you just can't stand the neighbours anymore :)