Tuesday, September 1, 2009

About Anniversaries Happy and Sad

Two big anniversaries in our house recently.....
Saturday was the anniversary of my Father's death, which was more than surreal for me as I watched the funeral of Ted Kennedy. My parents were both from Boston came from immigrant families, Irish Catholic. To them and to me the Kennedy's were definitely American royalty. So on the anniversary of my Father's death to see Ted Kennedy laid to rest at Arlington Cemetary , where both my parents are together, in the same plot, somehow felt like a full circle moment. I imagine them , with Irish Eyes Smiling at the good company, up in heaven.
How about these Irish Eyes? They are smiling on my wedding day.
S7302375



And today,
Eighteen years ago I married my husband . At the end of the ceremony we left on a sailboat, out to sea on the adventure that is our married life. The best decision I ever made.
S7302391

0 comments: