Monday, November 23, 2009

running on empty, life in the 3G world

I have a crazy game I play with myself.
I like to see if i can calculate to the very last mile,
how far I can go without getting gas
of course you see where this is going right?
But when the get gas light goes on, and then off ,
I say- hey no need to get gas
No matter how far below the EEE the indicator is.
Oh and when you are driving home and there is not gas on your route all the more reason to roll the dice.
and when a good part of your ride home is down hill
no problem right?
Except when you run out of gas just when the road is going uphill.
I'm so lucky to have good friends who are willing to bring me gas while my family is not seeing the humor in my gas roulette game.
I'm an island girl now , no need for stress.
So while we waited for gas I made use of my "my touch"
here's a little of what i did...
First I went to ALOQA , and saw that there were 10 gas stations very close by one only 1000 yards away, I was willing to walk there but nobody wanted me to.
also there were 4 starbucks locations , I was willing to get everyone coffee , but no.
I also checked out upcoming entertainment possibilites Gabriel Iglesias:
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI8v5UJLD5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&">

NOTE TO SELF: MUST BUY TICKETS AND GET GAS

i checked out nearby bars just in case I had to make a run for it and get away from my pissed off family
I tweeted,
href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35008532@N08/4130478860/" title="Picture 2 by growingupx2, on Flickr">Picture 2
I facebooked
Picture 3
My saviour of a friend brought gas,
rather than fight with the hubs about how to start a car , with fuel injection after it is parched I googled it
Picture 4
It was not working so my friend , "phoned a friend" her sister who had been in this situation before.
Her advice was to rock the car because we had to get the ittly bitty bit of gas into the system so here we are,
my friend jumping up and down on the bumper, me rocking it side to side .
Still no luck, but we were lauging our AO!
The boy suggested we roll the car down the hill because we were on an incline
We did
and it worked.
Got to love the boy
and the friend
and the family for putting up with my game of
GAS ROULETTE!

0 comments: