Wednesday, January 7, 2009

everybody talks back

No pun intended
My body has been talking back to me, why not everyone else in my house does?
It said
Lie down shut up and don't move!!!!
For two days all I could do is look at all the dog hair on the rug and think about everything I should be doing.
I didn't take it lightly, I kept trying to get up
but if I wanted to breathe I had to stay horizontal
I tried to get up again and body
said, now you stay right there and don't move until I see you've learned your lesson
Surrender
muscle relaxers and pain medicine
drug induced hazey sleep
and dogs that are scratching and chewing up an orchestra just to torture me a little more while I lie there drooling.
today a shower
I appreciate the little things
maybe I wont go for the dreads (on my head) after all

0 comments: