Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm Starting To Think Like An Old Geezer

music and pining
the boy is so frustrated because he wants a song and he can't find it or down load it.
enter old geezer, me
just kind of laughing in a complete old geezer way

you are so lucky
when I was a girl my whole motivation for baby sitting was music

I would baby sit all night and take my four dollars and run the next day to the store and buy a new album
my heart would literally race as I ran home
could not wait to put the album on the turntable
and then I would listen over and over
so I could get the lyrics down
they didn't have them with the music in those days
so I would play a part and write it down
and play it again and write it down
until I had the whole song and I could sing along
belt it out with the speakers on either side of my head
so I couldn't hear my less than perfect voice
but at the same time I felt like I was a rock star
on stage performing


oops so yeah back to the I can't find that song right now
sorry
can't relate


so more on technology and how it has changed being separated from a loved one
when it comes to being separated from someone you love
I remember being separated from a boyfriend
he went to college after a summer of
Love
Fun
Bliss,
Everything it's meant to be at a certain age
I missed him terribly,
it hurt,
physically hurt
and every day I waited for the MAIL to come
seems so 100 YEARS OLD now, really.
I waited, I pined for a letter and when it came I read it over and over
and I wrote back pen and paper, page after page.
I sealed it with a kiss and waited again

here's the funny thing
the boy,
who has been trained well,
said, do we have any paper?
I want to write my g friend a love letter
here's the sweet part:

they have been
texting
Im ing
web chat
plain old talking on the phone for hours


and he still wants to write her an old fashion welcome
home
love letter
priceless.

2 comments:

jay said...

i love it!

Anonymous said...

Word. I used to get a letter from my boyfriend every. single. day. in the mail. I punched holes in them and kept them in a 3-ring binder. Then I had a ceramonious burning of them after I dumped him. Kids these days miss out on that.