Monday, January 12, 2009

Goals


Not resolutions, goals:
Inner Peace and Balance
I read Ekhart Tole's A New Earth a few months back and I was in a really good place. My family and friends noticed it , my son even commented , when I tried to show him a new perspective , " I am philosophically against spiritual enlightenment."
I had a realization, "oh that's why it's called spiritual practice ." Because it takes a lot of practice. So my goal is to take time at the beginning of every day to read something that is helpful to me in my 'spiritual practice"

Forgiveness
most importantly towards myself.
I think I am forgiving except, towards my self. That's bad.
I want to stop the relentless, unforgiving dialogue that makes a figure eight in my mind.

Detox toxic relationships
I can be a people pleaser
Some relationships are purely dependant on the effort I put into them.
Is that right? It's kind of sad to stop putting all the effort into a relationship and watch it die.
One thing I know for sure, I'm not interested in a relationship that always leaves me feeling, sad or depleted.

Work on What Matters
My Health- get over that Irish fatalistic thing and get more diagnostic tests, be a role model for my kids in that respect. Get back into the exercise zone . You don't have to want to do it you just have to do it. I've fallen of the wagon , broke my leg and got dragged behind the wagon, due to an injury. BUT , I still remember how good it feels to be on the wagon .. so for now I might be chasing the wagon, but I will get back ON.
My Family-most importantly, be present, listen, look, hear, love, hug, affirm.
My Relationships- nurture, cultivate, listen, look, hear, offer to help, love, hug, affirm.
My Pets- run, run, run, play, love.

Most importantly sit back breathe and say THANK YOU everyday.

0 comments: