Friday, January 9, 2009

He Shhots, He Scores!!!










cruising channels,
sense memory
HOCKEY
I don't follow it but every now and then I come across it and it doesn't matter who is playing
I am drawn in
sense memory
the music
the Zamboni
the food
the announcer
the penalty box
Oh Hockey how I miss you in Hawaii
even though it has changed I'm still moving to the beat
I see the rink and even though i live in Hawaii I feel cold
I get caught up in the game
I remember the excitement
my sister and I use to listen to
RECORDINGS can you believe it? that was how desperate or how crazy FANS WE we were we just couldn't wait to hear
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES
OR
SHOT ON GOAL
I recently watched a game with my son that ended in a shoot out
I was conflicted
because back in the day there were not shoot outs
but the boy was watching
I was sharing stories about growing up with hockey
he was into the game
so it's all good
grandpa would be proud

0 comments: