Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Hit the Trifecta!!

Not the make you rich kind of trifecta....

Mammography, Biopsy, Colonoscopy, oh my!

Let me back up.. At my yearly "female" exam I told my doctor about some symptoms I'd been having and she thought it would be wise to have a pelvic ultrasound, which led to uterine biopsy and colonoscopy and I threw in mammography for good measure.  Might as well go for as many cancer screenings as you can in one month right?

See I have a bit of a history of cancer in my family, inflammatory breast cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and if that doesn't get you there is always a good old heart attack just as you're finishing a great meal.  Yeah so I know what those women mean, who choose to have prophylactic masectomy, when they say "I'd rather lose my breast than my mind."
Tomorrow I go to get results on the biopsy, wish me luck.


0 comments: