Friday, November 14, 2008

Not My Proudest Day As A Catholic

Oh the Catholic church how you confuse me.... I have had an on again off again relationship with you and if it weren't for the liberal Jesuits we have taken to visiting on most Sundays I think I might have to break up with you because this is too much. ( luckily our Pastor told us to vote our conscience ..wink ..wink .. vote for Obama if you so choose).


A South Carolina Roman catholic Priest has told his parishioners that they should refrain from receiving Holy Communion if they voted for Barack Obama because the Democratic President-elect supports abortion, and supporting him "constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil."
"Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exists constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those catholics who do so place themselves out side of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law.  Persons in this condition should not receive Holy Communion until and unless they are reconciled to 
God in the Sacrament of Penance, lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."

AHEM, I am a person in "that condition" and I will receive communion because I believe divine law states that judgement is left up to God.  I believe our God is better that that, that our God would want hope, change and an end to death from war.  Oh, and my husband is a man in "that condition" and he is a Eucharistic minister and will gladly give the blood of Christ, this Sunday to others in "that condition"
So there.



0 comments: