Monday, December 15, 2008

Let The Shopping Begin



RANDOM PICTURE OF BUDDY TO MAKE YOU FEEL HAPPY...


So I snapped out of my CHRISTMAS DENIAL today.
Here's how the day started.
Boy sleeping til noon , girl gone.
Time for a Christmas Strategy meeting .
I resist.
Don't want to come face to face with the crazy amount of money we pretend not to spend .

See, the guy I married has NINE siblings. And then we have my family not so big but still.

And then there is the hanai family ...which is so important when you live on an island, they are your family.
(it's a little hard to define what hanai means, and do it justice. To put it brief, hanai means adopted, but it's so much more)

Here's the problem: I wish I had an "Oprah's Favorite Things" budget.

I'm lucky to have so many people I love in my life.

It gets challenging to slice the- a little less than Oprah's budget-
into so many pieces.

Maybe this can go a little way......
here's what I would really like to do, give you the love and validation you deserve, take away all your financial worries, guarantee good health into your nineties, protect you from heartbreak.
WAIT.
looking back on that list I see things I have had to live through which actually changed me.
Painful but for the better.
Here's a new list...
May you wake up every morning
difficult day or not, and take a moment to find the beauty.
I wish for you the gift of presence.
If you find yourself upset , ask "is that about yesterday, tomorrow or right now?"
if it is about right now, surely you can find some beauty in the moment , because lets face it you didn't just get back from Iraq.
At least I hope not.
Personal inner peace is really the greatest gift and with that we would all be incredibly Rich.

No pun intended.
He, He, it's and inside joke.

0 comments: