Saturday, December 27, 2008

Perfect Day

Here's a post a wrote a few days ago when we were staying at our favorite place on the North Shore.

The perfect day.
Here’s what I have learned in 15 years of parenting
Everybody has a different idea of what a perfect day looks like
When you have teenagers
Being flexible is key
So here is what it looks like
Dad up early , he gets to have his coffee and read the paper with the
Added bonus of watching dolphins off shore
Early bird gets the dolphin
Girl second up
Daddy makes the chocolate chip waffles before I can say NO
And girl gets first dibs on TV
Next, girl jumps in bed
Mom look at the ocean doesn’t that make you happy?
Yessssssssss!
Breakfast
The kind you only give yourself permission to have when
Everything is right in the world
BACON, EGGS (not egg whites), and POOOTAAATOES( I love me my potatoes, I could go to war for potatoes ask anyone that knows me).
Yum and juice.
Full stomach and lots of beach to cruise.
The north shore is one of my absolute favorite places.
Surfers, body boarders, paddle boarders, sun bathers, life guards, tourists, locals teaching kids to surf in waves I wouldn’t swim in….

The boy up way past noon
The ocean calls
The girl to the boy
Will you keep me safe?
Yes
The sets come in 6-8? (at least it looked that big to me) but if you are floating in the right place it’s like a gentle roller coaster ride
I’m on the shore breathing, practicing, letting them try out those wings

Sunshine
Sunset
Friends
Love
Perfect.

0 comments: